Visa on Arrival – for business only
From 2012, the passenger who travels to Myanmar for the purpose of commercial residence or meeting or exhibition could apply for „visa on arrival“ directly on the international airport in Yangon and Mandalay.
|TYPE OF VISA||FEES||DURATION|
|Business visa.||USD 50||70 days|
|Meeting, Workshop, Events visa||USD 40||28 days|
|Transit visa||USD 20||24 hours|
For grant of visa on arrival, the passenger must comply with the following conditions:
The passenger must show a passport the following countries:
Australia Austria Belgium Brunei Bulgaria Cambodia Canada China
Cyprus Czech Denmark Estonia Finland France Germany Greece Hungary
India Indonesia Ireland Italy Israel Japan Korea Laos Latvia Lithuania
Luxembourg Malaysia Malta Netherland New Zealand Norway Philippines
Poland Portugal Romania Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sweden Switzerland
Taiwan Thailand United Kingdom United States of America Vietnam
The applicant shall
1. have a valid passport not expiring for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Myanmar.
2. bring two recent (4cm x 6cm) color photos taken within the past six months.
3. have the letter of invitation from the sponsoring company in the event of first trip of business study.
(Stay cannot be extended.)
4. be required to produce copies of company registration/business license/ evidence of permission to do business issued by the ministries concerned together with the application if he is working in Myanmar.
5. fully mention the name of the factory, location, the sponsor and the position he holds if he is doing business with business visa.
6. apply for extension of visa with the recommendation of the ministries concerned as well as in accordance with the existing procedures if he is doing business with business visa.
7. produce letter of invitation by the ministries concerned if he is going to attend meetings, workshops, events and ceremonies.
8. not be allowed to engage in any sort of work with or without charges apart from the professions mentioned in the visa application form.
9. produce air ticket to the destination if he is applying for transit visa.
10. stay at the hotels, motels and guest houses holding legal licenses issued by Myanmar Government, and factories and workshops legally permitted as well as human dwellings; and exactly mention the address he will stay at.
11. make a promise to strictly abide by the existing laws, rules, procedures, orders and directives issued by Myanmar Government.
12. have under-seven-year-old children accompanying parents in the passport granted visa free of charge; be able to produce the evidence of parent-children relationship if the children are holding separate passport.
13. not be allowed to travel to the restricted areas without seeking prior permission.
14. report to the office of the township Immigration and National Registration Department concerned at which he stays within Myanmar mentioning the address of hotels, motels, guest houses, factories and workshops legally permitted as well as human dwellings.
15. depart to the country which he has travelled from by the arrangement of the airline he is using if he is denied entry.
16. abide by the decision of the On Arrival Visa Scrutiny and Issuing Team.
17. apply for Visa On Arrival at Airport Immigration Section obtaining the application form either from the airlines in Myanmar or the following website www.mip.gov.mm of the Ministry of Immigration and Population.